Adding An Alerting Channel
If you would like to integrate your existing DevOps tools to Plumbr, you need to add each one as a channel. You can use channels in order to send data from Plumbr to any tool you are already using. Typically these channels are used for alerting needs.
Here’s how to add channels to Plumbr:
- Navigate to settings under the main Plumbr menu.
- Under the heading “Product”, you will find “Alert channels”. Click on it.
- Here, you will find all your existing alerts listed.
- If you don’t have any, you can add one by clicking on “+Add new Alert”.
- Choose the alert channel you want to add. At the moment, we support four alerting channels Email, PagerDuty, Slack, and Jira.
- Once you’ve chosen your channel, provide details as requested in the form that appears.
- Click on “Add Channel” to complete the process.
Once you’ve added a channel here, it will be available to you when setting up alerts within the application summary view.
Note: Remember, you will need to have administrator-level privileges on your Plumbr account to be able to add alerts.