Product Engineering: Java Backend
Plumbr product backend engineering team creates software that makes sense of the hundreds of gigabytes of telemetry data gathered daily from our customers’ applications. As a result, we provide the customers with near real-time reports on how well their applications work for their users. Oh, and we also nail down the root causes of performance woes and unavailability issues — imagine not having to spend days trying to figure out exactly which SQL query is slow for exactly which users. At Plumbr we stick to devops culture, so (almost) continuous delivery is a natural part of our day and it’s engineer’s responsibility to ensure that our own software products reliably work in all environments.
What we expect from you
- 3+ years of experience with server-side Java development, including
- Work with SQL databases
- Work with messaging systems
- Passion for learning
- Passion for building quality software
- Solid understanding of modern development practices (like TDD, CI, CD, DVCS) and related tools
- Not scared of ssh, linux and command line
- You know that vi is not for reading logs and also how to exit it
- You can work in Estonia and you live in/ready to relocate to Tartu/Tallinn.
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Good github/bitbucket/… profile
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
What we offer
- An opportunity to be a part of a team that builds one of the most technically advanced real user monitoring offerings out there. Millions of people benefit from our product every day
- Technical challenges related to performance and resilience in both scalable cloud and on-premise environments
- An chance to operate what you build. We’re running a devops culture, where engineers ensure that the code they’ve written is tested, is deployed to production and is running as intended
- Small team and fun work environment. Flexible working hours. No time clocking and minimal micromanagement by pointy haired bosses. Few hard deadlines and generally low stress.
- Top-notch tools (both soft- and hardware)
- Salary matching your experience and skill set
- Stock option package
- Guaranteed budget for self-improvement (Conference visits, learning courses), regular hackathons and internal seminars and team events
- Offices in modern buildings in Tartu and Tallinn
If you do see yourself fit for the challenge ahead, drop us an email sharing your background and lets take it from there. We expect to hear from you before August 1, 2018 to move on to the interview round and start working together during September.